GRACE SCHOOL OF THE BIBLE
BIBLE EDIFICATION by EXTENSION
The original classes were taught mainly by Richard Jordan and are now offered through a “guided individual study program” via video. The courses are designed especially for those with “full-time ministry” in mind. Anyone, however, seeking the godly edification available through the intensive study of sound doctrine is welcome as a student.
Our main interest is in training men to teach and preach the Word rightly divided, with special focus on “the preaching of Jesus Christ according to the revelation of the mystery” (Rom. 16:25). To this end, emphasis is laid on three basic areas:
- An intensive study of the English Bible designed to provide a thorough knowledge of the Word of God according to the dispensational method set forth in II Tim 2:15, thus giving an understanding of what God is doing in this age and preparing the student for useful and effective service for the Lord.
- On preaching, rather than on the executive and promotional branches and issues of the work. Classroom study plus practical tutelage and “on-the-job training” in getting the message out to others are combined to balance the student’s growth.
- On the Reformation text of the King James Bible rather than on the critical theories that have been used to destroy the authority of that text.
The King James Bible is presented as the Word of God for the English-speaking people and this position will be clearly taught and analyzed (both critically and historically).
Video Class Procedures:
- Lessons and related paperwork are furnished from Grace School of the Bible, PO Box 97, Bloomingdale, IL 60108.
- Lessons are to be viewed weekly in their assigned sequence. Notes should be taken for later study.
- Any questions about class materials should be directed to our office or your assigned overseer/grader.
- Tests will be taken on the honor system and will be supplied at proper intervals. They should be immediately returned to your assigned grader for grading and recording.
- If the class is made up of more than one student, a class president should be elected. The class president shall be responsible for overseeing the proper execution of class responsibilities, to receive & play videos, open class with prayer, and maintain relations with the school office.
ENROLLMENT AND STUDENT BODY
- Applications must be submitted to the office along with an enrollment fee of $15.
- It is preferred that those enrolling have a high school diploma or its equivalent and that they have not only trusted Christ as their Savior but also have yielded their lives to God, desiring to know and stand for truths revealed in His Word.
- Passing grades must be achieved for the student to proceed to the next level of classes.
Tuition and Fees:
GSB is designed as a 3-year video curriculum. It is available on a USB flash drive or DVD format.
- The USB drive includes the entire curriculum. It is purchased at $480, which may be paid in full or over the course of 6 months.
- DVDs are purchased at $90 each for 1st or 2nd semesters, and $60 for the shorter 3rd semester, totaling $240 per year. Typically, the DVDs will be shipped and billed one semester at a time. These fees cover the cost of carrying out this ministry, so each student is encouraged to also remember GSB in their giving to the Lord’s work.